

The doc signed a note saying she wasn't contagious, so I dropped Greta off this morning. As usual, she fell into Maria's arms. Usually her smile is much bigger. The one on the left is Maria. Sorry it looks like a mugshot. Anyway, she calls Greta, "Gredita," which we've taken to doing ourselves. We do regret that neither of us speak Spanish, so we can't reinforce the words she's learning at daycare. Perhaps one of us will take a basic conversation course.
The woman on the right is Mama Dhillon, who I believe is really named Dhillon Gurpal. Or maybe Gurpal Dhillon. She's been caring for kids out of her home for 20+ years and you can tell she really enjoys it. She has, I think, nine kids at the moment. Greta used to be the youngest, but now there's at least one girl younger than she is. It's really a nice place, albeit out of our way in terms of commuting. But we're willing to sacrifice just about anything to know that Greta is safe and happy during the hours we can't be with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment