I'm spelling it wrong, but that's how it sounds. Anyway, another one of Greta's daycare buddies is moving on, Miss Sobia informed me today. Today is her last day. We're pretty sure Deja taught Greta how to ask for second helpings of food (More? More?). I explained to Greta that Deja's Daddy was being transferred by the Air Force. When she stuck out her lower lip and started to pout, I told her that if she thinks this is rough, wait until January. Bye-bye to Deja will be nothing compared to bye-bye to Mommy!I also told her that she should enjoy being a kid, because once she's a parent life becomes a long goodbye. Someone smarter than me described parenting as "the long, slow process of letting go." So Greta lets go of her pal Deja, and is checking days off the calendar with Daddy, as the countdown to letting Mommy go to Southwest Asia has officially begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment