February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Despite the federal government only operating on a two hour delay this morning, my office closed (with minimum manning) just as I leaving a message from Greta's daycare that I would be a little late because the CDC didn't have enough caregivers for kids and were not going to accept any more! I had planned to stay at the CDC with Greta until another employee showed up, but instead we headed home (much to Greta's delight!).

We bundled up and headed out to play in the snow with our neighbors, Alexandra (almost 4) and Aiden (almost 2). Greta seemed to enjoy pushing a shovel and dusting off their yard ornaments. After a half-hour of "parallel play," the rain/snow/ice combo that fell last night proved sticky enough for us to make Greta's first snowman. I had given it raisin eyes, but she preferred Oreos to match the buttons. As you can see, she also enjoyed a mid-morning snack of Oreos, too. She still ate a great lunch of fish sticks, tater tots and corn, and is now napping with visions of snowflakes dancing in her head. Post nap, we plan to walk to the corner coffee shop with our neighbors for a little Valentine's Day treat. What a nice, unexpected day off for us both!

1 comment:

Rob said...

So that's the secret ... give The Wife the day off and she'll blog!

Sorry I missed the snowman. He's darn cute.