March 08, 2007

Fresh paint

To those who read this blog just for the latest goofy Greta story, indulge me. We just had most of our rooms painted and the grandparents keep asking about the colors. So in the tradition of Flat Stanley, here's a glimpse of Greta with each new wall color.



Counter-clockwise -- that's the erstwhile dining room, now Greta's romper room. That darker green continues all the way down the stairs to the garage exit. The blue is only in our master bath. The light green starts below the kitchen counter in Greta's romper room (the wall facing the dark green wall, above), then continues throughout the dining and living room and all the way upstairs to the hallway. It doesn't seep into any of the bedrooms.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I like the pale green, don't love. I'm heavier in like with the darker green, but still not amorous. Only one I LOVE is the master bath.

Sara said...

gee, I miss the yellow mustard color...

I selected paint chips for the upstairs last night - am hoping to get at least one room done this weekend.

Ryan said...

Did you do the painting yourself?

Kim power washed our deck today in anticipation of your arrival in a few weeks. She'll have it stained before you come so not to worry. We just need to pick out the stain color.

I had an enjoyable time last week. I needed to paint the storage room so I mixed a few leftover gallons and quarts we had to make my own color.

Rob said...

Nah, we paid a fine man named Carlos to do the work. It may prevent Carey from serving as a federal judge someday.

But he was relatively cheap and awful fast. Team of 3 primed and two-coated, plus downstairs ceilings and baseboards.

So Bucknell is out of the dance? I'm taking next Thurs. & Fri. off work for the first time in my young career. Going to buy the DirecTV package that gives me all the games!