This week's photography assignment: Mess with the shutter speed to both sharply capture images in motion and blur them artistically. I haven't done well with the latter, but I attempted the former this afternoon at the playground with Greta. It's kind of difficult without a sporting event to photograph, so I asked Greta to run through the frame as fast as she could. She took it as a personal challenge, churning her legs and breathing heavy.

Meanwhile, I haven't forogtten my aperture tricks -- here's a nice one with low depth-of-field.
2 comments:
I like the bottom picture. Looks nice and sharp. For my curiosity, would you please post what your settings were for taking these pictures? I would like to compare against what I've been using and learn from what you are doing.
I read that when capturing an object in motion, you will probably need a shutter speed of 1/640 of second.
Greta running ... Tv setting, f-5, 1/320.
Greta lying down... Av setting, f-4.5, 1/400.
I never got the kids to do anything fast enough to merit 1/640 or higher. Most of the stuff at the parade was people marching by, some flags and pom-poms. I'll try to post more later.
Post a Comment