December 22, 2009

Xmas in Rodman

The kids opened their presents from Grandma & Grandpa at 10 a.m. this morning. Both got a passel of books, pajamas, a few DVDs and some card games. They saved the biggest box for last, of course, and didn't know what to make of the Wii. It doesn't shake or squeak or entertain until it's plugged in, of course. When I eventually inhaled the dust behind the TV and jacked everything up, the kids had the most fun creating Miis. I think they'll pick up bowling after another dozen frames or so. My fave is tennis so far. Now I'm wondering what other games to get? Anyone who reads this and has a suggestion, please share.

We spent the rest of our Tuesday at the mall, where Grandpa and I took the kids for an encore screening of The Princess & the Frog. 200+ seat theater and we were the only four in it, sitting smack in the middle. It was great to stand up whenever we wanted and talk throughout. I secretly wished for a phone call so I could answer it and not get forcibly removed from my seat.

Sorry the pictures haven't been very great. I'll put forth a little more effort tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Mario Kart has been the popular one in our house lately. They might like the characters too.

The kids also enjoyed setting up the Mii's. We have about 30 Mii's now. Most are family and friends. The kids created others they call their "babies". There were others as well with names like "Ugly" and "kkkkkk". I made them delete them because they weren't very good at baseball. :)

Rob said...

Love it! So just plain Mario Kart? I looked at the Mario games the other day and there about two dozen!