Here's something I bet all our readers already knew -- it turns out when both parents work and you only see your kids for two hours a day, there's no time to blog and very little to blog about! I used to feel so superior posting daily while the rest of you sometimes waited weeks for something to happen worth sharing. No more. Now I feel lucky if I make it to 10 p.m. and Carey I do more than text each other hello around lunchtime. Sigh.
But... things are good. Carey genuinely likes the job, I'm still enjoying mine, and the kids go mostly to school and daycare without complaint. We cherish our weekends and find ourselves accomplishing nothing but feeling very contented.
Lincoln has the cough/running nose raging through the toddler population. Probably doesn't help that he thrusts two fingers in his mouth a dozen times each day, just to lick the germs off them. Carey was chasing the kids last night and busted her right pinkie toe and her fourth phalange. Gets to wear one of those flat boots and see an orthopedist next week. Wait, didn't I just say things are good? Really, they are. We're not in Haiti.
2 comments:
Wanted to let you guys know that Carey's suggestion about Pedisure was the best suggestion we got through our week of plague. Syl is happily chugging strawberry right now, unknowingly packing in the calories and nutrients that she lost over the last six days. Many thanks!
When I reached marrying age I looked around at all the available women -- hundreds and hundreds, really -- and chose the one that I knew would be the best mother to my children.
The stay-at-home mom population suffered a huge loss on Jan. 4 when she returned to work.
(and she thanks you)
Post a Comment