April 21, 2008

Belated blogging

I can't believe a month has passed since we made our trip to Syracuse/Rodman, and I feel terribly guilty about not sharing the pictures and tales from our time in the North Country. So if you'll indulge me, here are a few of the highlights.

Greta continued her apprenticeship with master artist Grandpa Jerry. Under his tutelage, I'm sure she'll have her own gallery showing before she reaches middle school. Here they are working on Bluebird in Autumn, which is now framed and on display in Greta's room.


Although Greta and Lincoln have been bathing together for months, I haven't taken any pictures because I am usually flying solo during the bedtime routine. So with grandparents to help, I finally got some nice shots of my wet and wild wee ones. Of course, bath time in Rodman is nothing like bath time in Jersey, as Grandpa let Greta wash his hair, squirt him with her water shark, and splash Splash SPLASH


The kids also enjoyed Grandma Pat's cuddles and story time, and Grandpa Jerry's efforts to get Lincoln to hoist himself up into a proper crawling position. Greta loved having the playground right next door, and really appreciated Great Grandpa Bob's frosted sugar cookies. (He knows how to impress kids!).
We also enjoyed a very nice breakfast at The Depot, where I don't think the waitresses knew quite what to do with so many flirtatious Merrill men!

In other belated blogging news, Lincoln had his 9-month exam on April 9th. He is up to 17 lbs, 1 oz; and is 27.5 inches long. He is in the 5th percentile for weight and 25th for height. (Adjust to 8 months and he is in the 10th and 50th, respectively). The doctor thinks he looks great, especially with his winning two-teeth smile...

No comments: