April 24, 2008

Zzzzzzzz.....

I'd like to return for a moment to that favorite parental subject -- sleep. We focused so heavily on it for a week that I thought loyal readers deserved an update. Drum roll please...
  • Lincoln went to bed at 7pm last night and woke up 12 hours later.
  • Greta went to bed at 8pm and slept for 11 hours.
  • Mommy & Daddy went to bed about 1030 and slept until 7!
So there are some smiles in the Merrill house this morning.

How'd we do it? We let Lincoln cry it out, mostly. Took a couple weeks and I don't think we've fully conditioned him yet, but we're pleased with the results so far. He's not eating any more during the middle of the night and when he does wake up and whine, we check his diaper, comfort him for a minute or so and lay him back in the crib. Depending on his mood he either rolls over and falls back asleep or wails for anywhere from 1-15 minutes. But he always ends up in dreamland -- that's the important point!

A sleep image for this sleep post. This is Greta in something Mommy calls a "backpack stroller." Apparently it was a big hit with the Manhattan nannies at the playground yesterday.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Good for you! I know letting them cry it out is not an easy thing to, especially in the short term. But I think it is worth it long term.