February 01, 2010

Sick portraits

Carey and I told each other when she returned to work that we could expect to take at least one sick day per month. Daycares, for all their modern lifestyle necessity and usefulness, are breeding grounds for germs. Need proof? We can count on one hand the number of times either kid was really, really sick while Carey stayed at home. Carey went back to work on Jan. 4 and after Feb. 2 we will have burned four sick days between us. The latest is a particularly insidious cough/fever combo that makes sleeping difficult. Lincoln had the cough all last week but didn't pop a fever until Sunday. It was above 103 all day but came down with Motrin. Greta's cough is worse, but her fever is much lower. Long story short, Daddy stayed home today, Mommy gets to do it tomorrow. Thank God we have understanding employers (so far).

I couldn't resist taking a couple portraits. Actually like the one of Lincoln. Didn't get the focus quite right on Greta's. Any photographers out there have good tips on how to do that with the No Flash setting on a Canon XSi? I didn't try switching to manual focus. That might help.

1 comment:

AK said...

Looking at these photos, one knows these children are really sick when they aren't smiling when a camera is pointed at them. Poor babies, I hope you get well soon.
Love,
AK