February 10, 2010

Snowmageddon

I'll admit to feeling a certain smugness when I heard from all my D.C. friends about the blizzard that dumped 20+" on the capitol area over the weekend. I should have known Karma would come back to bite me. We got about 2 feet today and it's still coming down in fat flakes that look like white rain. The kids ventured outside for about 30 minutes this morning and then again this evening when we dragged them on the sled a couple blocks to have dinner with the Baileys. I didn't dare have the camera outside for too long but got a couple decent shots. All area schools are already closed for tomorrow, so one of us is staying home again.

2 comments:

Carey said...

Um, you spent about 30 minutes outside with them, but they were out for over 2 hours today, my dear! They helped shovel, rode their bikes, made a snow mermaid, and opened a snow bakery. I can only guess what tomorrow will bring!

AK said...

Yummmmm. A snow bakery. Wish I had been there to sample!