August 15, 2006

The doctor says...

Sorry to have hijacked this blog with medical updates, but it's a good way to get the news to family. Greta had a decent day yesterday while I was home with her, but continued to spike fevers while sleeping. She then had an awful night... full-throat screaming for more than an hour at one point. Temp of 103.9 that again came down with 4 cc's of Motrin. Carey is home with her today and just got back from the doctor. They took a urine sample to check for a UTI. Results by the end of the week. The antibiotics cleared up her ear infection, that's the good news. When she's awake, she's in a genial enough mood, but gets cranky at times. It's pretty obvious to this doctor that something is bugging her internally, but while she's doing a great job enunciating words like "bubbles" and "turtle," she can't quite say "my stomach hurts" or "my head is killing me" or whatever it may be.

And so we soldier on... singing silly songs, stroking her hair, telling her we love her even when she's waking up the neighborhood.

I'll post a few pix later tonight.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I hope she feels better! So the doctor didn't agree with my teething diagnosis? I knew I should have gone to med school.

Rob said...

if that was teething, I can't wait for the molars!