June 13, 2007

How we sleep

Remember all those posts in 2006 about sleeping? (Note to fellow bloggers: this is why we should tag/label posts, so I could easily link back to every previous post about sleep.) How proud of ourselves we were that Greta slept ALL NIGHT in her own bed? How in the first two years of her life she'd spent the night in Mommy and Daddy's bed only twice?

Well, that was then. This is now:

I think it's officially a pattern. Greta sleeps fine until sometime between 4-5 a.m., then something wakes her up (often a morning train) and she saunters over to the baby gate in her doorway and says, "I want Mommy." This morning she tried "I want Mommy" a few times and when she got no response, she tried, "I want Daddy." With Father's Day just four days away, I sprang into action and we all got two more hours of sleep.

No comments: