June 24, 2007

Otto eve

It feels nice to type that name one last time. I'm sorry, son, that it won't be your moniker forever, but we won't love you any less. The name we have chosen is, ahem, downright presidential. That's a hint for anyone who checks this blog tomorrow, I guess. I think I've configured this blog to accept mobile posts from the hospital (thanks, Jack's mom!), so I'll endeavor to post a few words and a photo for all to see.

It's 9 p.m. and I just stared at my firstborn for the last time as my only child. She's in her angel sleeping post, hands over head, ascending to Heaven in her dreams. She is, if you'll indulge me, the most beautiful little girl in the world. I can't believe we're on the verge of adding another member to the family. And I really can't believe that my heart can expand enough to give back all their love.

But thank you, readers, for watching Greta grow. We'll rename this blog later in the week and I'd love to hear your suggestions. We like the subject/verb ring. Greta grows and ___ ___? You'll have the first letter tomorrow, promise.

No comments: