After the zoo on Sunday, we drove to Sara & Peter's house for some afternoon play. Among other things, the kids decorated sea shells that Max & Esme had picked up earlier in the day at the beach. Carey then graciously watched all four of them for 90 minutes while Sara, Peter and I visited the Rye Public Library for an appearance by author Junot Diaz, winner of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. (If you haven't read "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" and like your novels both meaty and profane, I heartily recommend it.)
When we got back, Carey had macaroni and cheese boiling and was spreading peanut butter and honey on bread for dinner. The kids enjoyed a special treat, eating while watching a Charlie & Lola DVD. Max in particular cleaned his plate, a trend Sara says is happening a lot lately. Snacks all day, eats a full plate, and almost always asks for seconds. Ahh, to have a 6-year-old's metabolism.
I didn't take very many good photos, but here's the day in pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment