February 24, 2009

Day with Dad

With Lincoln feeling ill (diagnosed today as an ear infection, perhaps sparked by his fall into the corner of the entertainment center), I left the house with Greta at 10:30 this morning. First stop, the public library, where we danced, read books and painted with watercolors.


We then went with her friend Emma Bailey (Jack's big sis) to Eden Gourmet, the local high-end grocer that is trying to weather the recession by selling things like duck pizzas and corn chowder in a second-floor cafe. I can vouch for the penne with meatballs.

Came home after lunch and watched the first 30 minutes of Kung Fu Panda on blu-Ray, but the girls decided it was too scary and a Dora DVD was chosen instead.

Ended the afternoon at the closest playground in the day's waning sunlight. I'm told Greta just told Mommy during tuck-in that she had a "special day with Dad." Right back at ya, kid.

1 comment:

AK said...

Special Day -- Very Special Dad.